Select your work roles
If you are connected to a business, you can define your relevant skills against that business by choosing your work roles.
Steps - Selecting your worker roles
To select your worker roles, please follow these steps:
- Go to your My Workflows page.
- Click on the desired client.
The Workflow information page opens for that business.
- Go to the Manage section.
- Click on the My Work Roles option.
The Worker roles section is displayed on the page - for example:
- Click the Add button (if this is your first-time adding work roles for this client, the Add Roles button will also be available - you can choose either option as they perform the same function).
The Manage roles panel appears – for example:
- There are two fields in the panel.
Click in the Select category field – a drop-down list appears that contains all the available categories.
- Select a category from the list.
- Click in the Select sub-category field – a drop-down list appears that contains all the available sub-categories.
- Select a sub-category from the list.
You may be able to select multiple sub-categories; this is possible unless the client has restricted this option.
- Click the Submit button.
Sitepass saves your selection and a confirmation box appears.
Please be aware that your workflow requirements can be updated based on the category and sub-category selected in the previous step.
Category and Sub-Category definitions
If you are connected to a business, you can define your relevant skills against that business by choosing your work roles. These options have been set up by the client based on their business needs.
A Work Role category generally reflects a role, a position, qualification, trade, or an alternate form of grouping. Whereas the sub categories are a specific field or area within a category. For example, the work roles may be:
- Category: Gardening
- Sub Category: Landscaping
- Sub Category: Garden maintenance
- Sub Category: Indoor plant carer
In this scenario, it would be possible for the business to determine different conditions for each sub category.
When you select your work roles, the relevant steps can be assigned to you to complete; which allows you to meet the client's requirements before you do any work for their business.
For more information on workflows, please see the following articles: