Set a deadline for a training course
If you are an Administrator of a Client account, you can set a deadline in the Training page against any course that was created by your business via the Activity Builder.
The Deadline period allows you to set the number of days a person is given to re-take the course before that record expires. This means that when a training course passes the set number of days of the deadline period, the course expires.
Once a course reaches its reset period, Sitepass updates the workflow to have a status of Incomplete. If a course has a deadline period and the person has not completed that course within the set timeframe, then Sitepass updates the course to have an Expired status.
If a person has an expired course, then in their workflow:
- The course (which is under the Induction Training step) has an Expired tag against it.
- The status of the Induction Training step is Declined; and
- The overall workflow is Declined.
- Newly created courses have a default deadline period of 14 days.
- When setting the Deadline Period for a course, if you enter 0 or no value in the Deadline period (days) field, then the Deadline Period = None. If the deadline period is set as None, the course does not expire.
- When a course has a Deadline Period, the Administrator can still go to a workflow and update the deadline against that course for that person; this is achieved via the Induction Training step. Whatever deadline date the Administrator selects takes precedence over what is set as the default deadline period for that course.
- The History log against the workflow captures the status changes of a course.
How to set a deadline for a training course
- Log in to Sitepass as Administrator of a Client account.
- Go to .
- Select .
This opens thepage.
- In the main window is a list of your Assignable Courses. Go to the course you would like to update the deadline period for.
- Click on the deadline, which is within the column.
The Set default deadline period box opens.
- Type the number of days you would like to set as the deadline for the course in the field.
- Select the
If you select Submit, a appears at the bottom of your screen and your change is stored against the course. button to finalise your change or select the button to cancel your change.