Set the reset period for a training course
As an Administrator of a Client account, you can set a reset period against any course that was created by your business in the Activity Builder.
This feature allows you to set the time frame from when a person passes one of your courses to when they need to re-take it. When the time set against the reset period is met, the course status is changed from Completed to In Complete.
The reset period controls when a completed course has its status updated from Completed to In Complete. The reset period is calculated as the completed date plus the reset period. Which means that when a person completes a course, their course will be reset to In Complete once the time set against the reset period has passed. The person then needs to then retake and pass the course for it to be marked as Completed.
- The default Reset Period for a newly created course is 12 months.
- When the Reset Period = None, the course status remains as is; this is because the course does not expire.
- When a course is reset, Sitepass deletes the previous quiz attempts and the course data.
- The History log against the workflow captures the status changes of a course.
Notifications are for training courses with a status of Not Started or In Progress. A notification email is sent when a training course is due. The timeframe for these notifications is as follows:
- A week before the course is due
- A day before the course is due
- A week after the course was due
The notification setting for this can be found here:
- My Profile > Notifications > My Workflows > Training course expiry / due date reminders.
This notification setting cannot be changed.
How to set the reset period for a training course
- Log in to Sitepass as Administrator of a Client account.
- Go to .
- Select .
This opens thepage.
- In the main window is a list of your Assignable Courses. Go to the course you would like to update the reset period for.
Select the reset period that is listed against your course (within the
The box opens.
Click on the Reset period field.
The drop-down options appear.
Choose the option that suits your needs. You can choose:
- None, 1 day, 1 week, 2 weeks, 3 weeks, 1 month 2 months, 3 months, 6 months, 9 months, 12 months, 18 months, and 24 months.
If you select , a confirmation appears at the bottom of your screen and your change is stored against the course.
finalise your change or select the
button to cancel