Introduction to Roles
Administrators with a full Sitepass account have access to a page called Roles, which is accessible via Configuration.
The Roles page enables the admin to define your Sitepass roles terminology, allowing them to set the terms used to describe the types of businesses and people who work at your work sites.
There are three types of roles that an Administrator can add options to; they are:
- Team: This role type is for the people employed by you, with Employee being the default Team role. You can add additional Team roles; these can then be assigned to your people as a role.
- Contractor: This role type is for the businesses that are providing you with a service or product, with Supplier being the default Contractor role. You can add additional Team roles; these can then be assigned to your connected businesses as a role.
- Worker: This role type is for the people working for you that are employed by a supplier/contractor, with Worker being the default Worker role. You can add additional Worker roles; these can then be assigned as a role to the people that meet that role type.
This feature enables you to:
- Create and edit custom contractor roles
- Create and edit custom team roles
- Create unique categories for each role
- Assign a default workflow for contractors, teams and workers
- Assign unique workflows for each role
- Filter roles in the search and dashboard
- Invite contractors and assign them to a role
- Invite team members and assign them to a custom role
- Use the updated left menu with quick-link access to each role
To add a role, select a type and then click thebutton in the top right-hand corner of the page. The example below shows the button for a Contractor Role type.