Change a category or sub category
You can perform the following when updating a category or sub category:
- Change it from mandatory to optional - or vice versa.
- Change the name.
- Add sub categories to a category.
- Delete sub categories from a category.
- Delete a category if it has zero sub categories.
- Re-organise the order of sub categories.
- Re-organise the order of categories.
Steps - Change a category or sub category
To change a category or sub category, please follow these steps:
- Log in as an Administrator.
- Go to Configuration.
- Click on Categories.
- Choose the required category type to configure - Worker Roles or Supplier Categories.
- Go to the category you want to change (or the category that contains the sub category you want to change).
- Click on the Settings icon against that category. The Edit Category panel opens. An example of the icon and the panel is provided below:
From here you can:
- Change the name of your category.
- Make your category mandatory or optional.
- Change the order of your sub categories.
- Add sub categories.
- Delete sub categories.
- Rename sub categories.
- Make sub categories mandatory or optional.
- Allow only one sub category to be selected or allow any sub category to be selected.
- Once you have made all your changes, save them by clicking the Save button.
The panel closes, and a confirmation box appears stating that your category has been successfully updated - for example:
Congratulations! You have changed the details within your category.
For more information on categories, please see the following articles: