Add a worker role category and sub category
The Categories page allows an Administrator to create, edit, and delete categories and sub categories.
The following article shows you how to add a Worker Role category with or without sub categories. For a workflow explaining how to add supplier categories, please see our Add a supplier category and sub category article. Please note that you can configure both your worker roles and your supplier categories on the Categories page.
Steps - Add a Worker Role
To add a worker role category (with or without sub categories), please follow these steps:
- Log in as an Administrator.
- Go to Configuration.
- Click on the Categories option.
- When the Categories page opens, ensure you have the Worker Roles option selected under Configure - for example:
- Select the + Add option - if you have not added a worker role category before, you will also see an Add worker roles button. These options perform the same function.
The Add category panel opens, an example is provided below:
- Enter the name of the category in the Name field - you need to complete this step; otherwise, you will not be able to create your category.
- Mark the category as mandatory if you would like the worker role to be assigned to all supplier workers when they connect to your business.
- If you would like to add sub categories, go to the Sub Categories section.
If not, please skip to step 16.
- Click in the + add a sub category field.
- Type the name of your sub category.
- Click the + button to add the sub category.
- Repeat steps 9 to 11 until you have all the sub categories you need.
- Tick the Mandatory checkbox on for all the sub categories of your choosing; this makes the sub category mandatory when its main category is chosen as a worker role.
- Re-order the sub categories by grabbing the right side of a sub category box and dragging it to the preferred position. Repeat this step until all your sub categories are in the right place.
- Tick the Only allow one selection checkbox on - only do this step if you require this option. When checked on, this function stops the user from choosing multiple sub categories for this worker role.
Information on the Mandatory and Only allow one selection features
- When a worker role is assigned, all mandatory sub categories are selected by default and cannot be unselected by the user.
- If the supplier worker is connected to your business before you create the mandatory worker role, then that role needs to be manually added against that supplier worker.
- You can make multiple sub categories mandatory.
- The user can, but does not have to, select a sub category when the main category is mandatory if at least one of the sub categories is also mandatory.
- If you select mandatory against the main category and all the sub categories you create are optional, then when your category is chosen as a worker role at least one sub category needs to be chosen by the user; otherwise the selection cannot be saved.
- Only one sub category can be chosen by the user when you tick the Only allow one selection checkbox on. This is in addition to all the mandatory sub categories, which are selected by default.
- If the sub category is mandatory, but its main category is not, then the category is not automatically assigned to the supplier worker when they connect to your business. However, if they choose this category as their worker role, then the sub category will automatically be mandatory.
- The user receives the appropriate workflows depending on the category and sub categories chosen.
- Click the Save button at the bottom of the panel.
A confirmation box appears to confirm that the category has been added.
Congratulations! You have added your worker role category.
Where do my worker roles appear?
Once you have added your worker roles, you can find them in a supplier worker's workflow page. You can view all of your worker roles by following these steps:
- Go to the Supplier Workers' page.
- Find and then select the relevant supplier worker. Their workflow page opens.
- Go to the Manage section and select Worker work roles. The Worker roles section appears.
- Click on the + Add option.
The Manage roles panel opens. All the worker role categories that you created appear in the Select category drop-down. An example is provided below:
The sub categories shown are dependent on the category selected. An example is provided below:
For more information on categories, please see the following articles: