Add a worker role against a supplier worker
As an Administrator, if a supplier worker is connected to your business, you can define their relevant skills by giving them one or more worker roles.
In addition, you can edit and delete their roles (mandatory roles cannot be deleted).
Steps - Add worker roles
To add worker roles to a supplier worker, please follow these steps:
- Go to the Supplier Workers' page.
- Click on the desired worker.
Their workflow page opens.
- Go to the Manage section.
- Click on the Worker Work Roles option.
The Worker roles section is displayed on the page - for example:
- Click the Add button (if this is your first-time adding work roles for this client, the Add Roles button will also be available - you can choose either option as they perform the same function).
The Manage roles panel appears – for example:
- There are two fields in the panel.
Click in the Select category field – a drop-down list appears that contains all the available categories.
- Select a category from the list.
- Click in the Select sub category field – a drop-down list appears that contains all the available sub-categories for that category.
- Select a sub category from the list.
You may be able to select multiple sub-categories; this is possible unless an Administrator for your account has restricted this option.
- Click the Submit button.
Sitepass saves your selection and a confirmation box appears.
Please be aware that the supplier worker's workflow requirements might be updated based on the category and sub category you have chosen.
An example of categories and subcategories added to a supplier worker is provided below:
Category and Sub Category definitions
Categories often reflect a role, a position, qualification, trade, or an alternate form of grouping. Whereas the sub categories are a specific field or area within a category.
For example, the categories may be:
- Category: Plumber
- Sub Category: Commercial
- Sub Category: Service and Repair
In this scenario, it would be possible to determine a different set of requirements for a person providing commercial plumbing from the requirements needed for a service and repairs plumber.
For more information on workflows, please see the following articles: