Add a business category against a supplier
As an Administrator, you can add categories and sub categories against a supplier.
Steps - Add a business category against a supplier
To add a business category, please follow the following steps:
- Log in to Sitepass as an Administrator.
- Click the Suppliers option in the left-hand menu.
This opens the Suppliers' page.
- Find the desired supplier and click on their business name or logo; this opens the workflow page for that supplier.
- Click on the Business categories tab under the Manage section.
This opens the Business Categories information in the page.
- Click the Add button to add a new category.
The Select category panel is displayed. You can also choose sub categories from this panel.
- Select a category from the Select category drop-down (required field).
- Select a sub category from the Select sub category drop-down (required field).
Business categories often reflect an industry, a region, or an alternate form of grouping. For example, the categories may be:
Main Category: Industry - Building Services
Sub Category: Business Type - Carpentry
Sub Category: Business Type - Electrical
In this scenario, it would be possible to determine a different set of requirements for a business providing Carpentry Services and a business providing Electrical Services.
The categories available in the Select category panel are those that an Administrator of your Sitepass account has created. To see where these categories come from, go to Configuration -> Categories -> Supplier Categories. For more information, please see our Introduction to categories article.
- Select the categories and sub categories that are applicable to that supplier.
- Click the Submit button.
Sitepass saves your selection.
At this point, the supplier's workflow requirement might be updated based on the category and sub category selected in the previous step.
For more information on suppliers, please see the following articles: