Completing a workflow step against a client
Every workflow requirement contains a set of workflow steps. A workflow step is essentially a form that the users can use to submit their information to the business for verification and approval.
Only Administrators have access to view and complete a business workflow step.
Steps - Complete a Workflow Step
To complete a workflow step, please follow these instructions:
- Log in as an Administrator.
- Click the Clients' option in the left-hand pane. This opens the Clients' page.
- Find and then click on the desired client. This opens that client's Workflow page.
- See the workflow steps that need completing; these are on the left under the Work Requirements' folder. An example is provided below:
- To review, update or complete a step, click on it. The information pertaining to that step will open on to the page.
- Enter all the information that is required for the selected workflow step.
Depending on the step's setup, you might be able to enter your details straight on to the page. Please note that you might need to click the Add button before you can enter your details.
Filling out each section is important - as your step is more likely to be approved if all the information is provided. All mandatory fields have a Required tag.
- To submit the entered information for verification and approval, click the Submit button. If all the required information has been provided, the status will change to Ready.
Once all workflow steps are completed (they have a status of Ready), you can submit the entire workflow for approval.
Steps - Complete a Workflow Step with Multiple Records
A form can contain a table where the users can enter multiple records for the same type of requirement. For example, a table could contain a list of licences that the user needs to provide to the business for verification and approval purposes.
To enter information on a table, please follow these steps:
- Repeat steps 1-5 as per the Steps - Complete a Workflow Step section (above).
- Click the Add button.
A panel appears; this panel is designed based on the type step you are adding information against.
- Enter the information required for the record into the panel.
- To submit the entered information for verification and approval, click the Submit button.
The status of the step is updated when the workflow step is submitted.
Workflow Step statuses
The table below explains the Workflow Step statuses:
|Indicates workflow steps with an approved status.|
|Indicates workflow steps with a conditionally approved status.|
|Indicates workflow steps with a submitted status.|
|Indicates workflow steps with a pending approval status.|
|Indicates workflow steps with an incomplete status.|
|Indicates workflow steps with a declined status.|
When all the workflow steps have a status of Approved, the system automatically updates the workflow requirement status to Approved.
For more information on workflows, please see the following articles: