Set business categories against a client
As an Administrator, you can determine the business category and sub-categories against a client.
Steps - Select a business category against a client
To select a business category, please follow the following steps:
- Log in to Sitepass as an Administrator.
- Click the Clients' option in the left-hand pane.
This opens the Clients' page.
- Find the desired client and click on their business name, which is a link; this opens the client's Workflow page.
- Click on the Business categories tab under the Manage section.
This opens the Business Categories information on the page.
- Click the Add button to select a new category and sub-category.
The Select category slide-out panel is displayed.
- Select a category from the Select category drop-down (mandatory field).
- Select a sub-category from the Select sub-category drop-down (mandatory field).
Business categories often reflect an industry, a region, or an alternate form of grouping. For example, the categories may be:
Main Category: Industry - Building Services
Sub Category: Business Type - Carpentry
Sub Category: Business Type - Electrical
In this scenario, it would be possible to determine a different set of requirements for a business providing Carpentry Services and a business providing Electrical Services.
For information on how categories and sub-categories appear in these lists, please see our Introduction to categories article.
- Select the categories and sub-categories that are applicable to that client.
- Click the Submit button.
Sitepass saves your selection.
At this point, your workflow requirement might be updated based on the category and sub-category selected in the previous step.
For more information on clients, please see the following articles: